Lunch place: Auction rooms

Thursday, January 09, 2014

I had already heard about this place twice on my first week in Melbourne. 

You have to go here, said P, as he wrote down a list of all the good coffee places I must visit.
Good, good, coffee, said A, whose husband calls her a coffee snob. 

So, I did. 
There are tiny tables set for loners like me. I had a view of other loners in front of me, as well as the olive tree inside the sunlit room out the back.
On one side was the coffee lab. I wanted filter coffee, but the kind I chose originally weren't available at the time. Ah well. I went for another type of blend, iced. A platter of bagel and salmon and breakfast radish for lunch. I wasn't that hungry, but had been craving bagels for some time. I probably ate too slowly for the waiters and the growing queue, but enjoyed savouring little bites as I scribbled away on my notebook. 

103-107 Errol St
North Melbourne, VIC 3051

Auction Rooms on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe