Baking: Croque Madame muffins

Saturday, May 26, 2012

1T butter and 1T flour whisk in a pan
Add 250g milk
Also nutmeg, (dijon mustard,) to season.
This is your Beaujolais?! sauce.

6 slices of white bread, crusts off
Flatten, coat bread with butter
Place into muffin try
In goes: (ham), egg, 1T sauce, grated cheese - gruyere or compte
Brush with butter

Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.

-----

I have a new favourite cooking 'celebrity'. Her name is Rachel Khoo, and she lives in Paris. A Brit, younger than Jamie Oliver and as retro but in a tinier kitchen than Nigella, she has just recently done her first season with BBC. I have been watching it regularly online for a while, scribbling down her recipes to be tried later.

After pushing open all my windows and doors to the deck area for fresh air to enter, some old French music on to block out the neighbours who are going at it again...

Beautiful lunch!

I'm also glad I got to try out my new rolling pin and egg timer my lovely friends gave me for my birthday just past. :) Yay!

I didn't get called into work today so I have a lot of time on hand. Going to force myself to go for a walk outside. Being cooped up inside just because it's cold is not the best option, really!

Otherwise, I hope you all a bon week-end !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe