Food Photos

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Going through some photos stored in my cellphone. I do eat out quite a bit, but that doesn't mean I don't eat at home! Berries yoghurt muesli... Love all three in any combination.
I cook pasta regularly. Whenever I'm on the phone with mum and she asks, 'What did you have for lunch/dinner?' I would answer, 'pasta,' more often that not. 'Again?' would be her response. But I like pasta. Spaghetti, tortellini, risoni... So many types and so versatile. Easy to cook and quick to prepare. 
Shakshouka is a Middle Eastern/North African cuisine, believed to be Tunisian in origin. It has poached eggs in tomato sauce with spices. Have never tried the original, but my version tasted pretty good.
This month I tried to eat a lot more meat, because I feared another iron deficiency coming on. I love salads. Here is one I made, with bacon and sausages, cabbage leaves, walnut pieces. 
Delicious.
Chicken with beans and a bit of soy sauce.
Tart time! Tomatoes, mustard, goat cheese, olive oil, herbs on top. Simple goodness.
This last one is not cooked or baked by me. Just a simple but a little special breakfast one June morning. Tomorrow is my last day in Melbourne! Eek! I'm going to miss my room, my housemates, m

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe