Coffee place: Balzac's

Monday, June 16, 2014

Another favourite in Toronto, in the Distillery District. 
Recommended by a Toronto native, Balzac's is a cosy place to hide away from the cold wind blowing outside. 
I fell in love with its rustic warm interior as soon as I set foot here. 
Thought I'd try something new and got a Maple Latte. In a bowl. Was way too sweet, not realising I could have asked for half sweetness. Unfortunately I couldn't finish it. 
There are so many coffee blends I wanted to try, but when I saw the tea list on my second visit, and saw Mariage Freres, and then Marco Polo, I knew I had no other choice. Mariage Freres' Marco Polo is my favourite tea, ever. I haven't had it since I was in Paris years ago, so I just had to go for it. Still love it. Sooo nice...
Balzac's is also an art gallery, in its upstairs section. It must change all the time because all the artworks had been taken down on our second visit. These works are also for sale. Perhaps someone had bought them all, then?
The view from the upper level. Love.
55 Mill St
Toronto, ON M5A3C4
Balzac's Coffee Roastery on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe