Coffee place: A little bird told me

Monday, December 09, 2013

Such a lovely interior space! Love the spacious yet minimal design, clean and peaceful. I have since learnt that the owner/barista hails from my hometown Christchurch, NZ, and since moving to Melbourne he has worked for some of the very top Melbourne cafes such as Seven Seeds and Brother Baba Budan. 
We had originally sought this cafe out since they sell the famous Lune Croissanterie croissants. They were good but I found that perhaps I had been hyped up a bit too much and was slightly disappointed. Was more satisfied with the visual goodness in the cafe. The communal table, the mint green coffee cups and saucers. It was a serene morning experience.

***Update***
So, turns out that those croissants weren't Lune's after all. Not since mid-2013 (see the comment below). Well, one good thing is that I had found a cute little cafe, with good coffee, at least. The other good thing would be that now I would have to check out the real deal in Elwood/Patricia Coffee Brewers, soon!

29 Little Latrobe Street
Melbourne 3000

A Little Bird Told Me... on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lune Croissanterie4 February 2014 at 19:15

    Hi Viv :)

    I actually haven't supplied pastries to this cafe since around August 2013. I'm not sure whose croissants they now stock. I only sell croissants from my own bakery in Elwood, and to Patricia Coffee Brewers on a Friday morning.

    Lune x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for letting me know! I will be buzzing for one of your babies at Patricia's this Friday :) x

      Delete
    2. Hi, I've always thought the croissants were Lune's too! Been curious searching for the truth (LOL) since a reader on an Urbanspoon blog started abusing foodies who mentioned that the croissants were Lune's yesterday. T__T Thanks for the update - glad to finally get clarification from a reliable source!! The cafe should really update their website info perhaps.

      Cheers,
      Allie

      Delete
    3. Glad the confusion is cleared up now, Allie! Let us know when you finally get to have a real Lune's croissant :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi Vivian,
    thank you and Lune for shedding some light on the croissants at A Little Bird. Like you and Allie, I thought they were still Lune's too. I would like to put up a link to reference your post regarding this, if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikhael, you're welcome! Yes, please do link, a lot of people seem to be confused about this issue!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe