Paris at night

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Au Champs Elysees~, au Champs Elysees~~

With the laundry done, and lunch at McDo eaten, M, A and I started our night tour of Paris, starting with the famous Champs Elysees.

As always, there were so many people, and even more cars. Beginning at the Arc de Triomphe end, we made our way down, stopping by at Louis Vuitton, Haagen Dazs for ice cream, a quick glass of beer at a cafe.. Past all the shops and down the lightless rows of trees to the very end, where a Roue of Paris stands, just before the Garden of Tuileries, and after that, the Louvre Museum.
I also saw the Big Palace, Little Palace, City Hall, Pompidou museum, ...

Excuse my list, but there were heaps I saw tonight! It was a quick taster of all the things I will get to see in time, because tonight there wasn't time to go into any of the buildings, and it was too dark to see anything much.

Yesterday I went to the centre of France to look at the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Tonight I went to the highest point of Paris, on the top of the Montmatre hill, to the Sacre Coeur church. It was a beautiful modern church.. Going up to it required a bit of leg work, though ;) But it was okay, because we got to get our energy back, and more, at a French restaurant down below, where we had mussels and listened to live jazz. The atmosphere was so good, we almost didn't mind the ridiculous price!

Afterwards, we decided to get into more jazz by going to the famous cellar jazz bar, in the Latin Quarter, La Caveau de la Huchette. It was packed with dancers, heating up the place. I also gave it a go a few times, but I don't think I improved much... and all I had to do was follow! They also give lessons, apparently, and A decided to come back so he could lead his lady properly next time. How cute!!!

So here I am, at 4 o'clock in the morning, updating my photos and blog.

Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe
Roue de Paris, Luxor Obelisk, Place de la Concorde
La Caveau de la Huchette

Sacre Coeur on Montmatre, highest point of Paris

Very happy at present

Tomorrow I have an appointment at 5pm regarding a job and appartment combo... Please let it go well!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This blog is cute! Im happy to see your having a great time! that jazz bar looks awesome
    All the best for the Interview.

    Love Lirelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Lirelle~ lol come back from time to time, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey viv

    you finally made it to France! I'm so happy for you :) it looks like you're having an amazing time. will keep visiting your blog.
    much love
    Grace.P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grace! Yea, I'm finally back in France, and so far loving every minute of it! We'll see how I fare after the classes start properly in a few weeks ;p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe