Melbourne: Yamato, Chinatown

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Drats, I have a cold coming on. 

Free city circle tram says that Melbourne Chinatown is the longest in the Western world, but I have my doubts. It is long, but not that long. Surely, there must be longer, bigger ones? In New York??
I had wandered in to pass time until it was properly lunch time then I could go to the Mexican taco place I had just past in the Greek Precinct. Then I turned around a corner. This half hidden white building caught my eye and I knew I had to have my lunch here instead. 
Yamato is a very Japanese place. Papers and posters are plastered everywhere in the typical busy Japanese fashion. It was small and quiet and warm. For most of the meal I was their only customer, which was fine with me. 
It was a gloomy grey day, so fitting for some warm ramen and broth. 
It was almost like being back in Osaka, where I had spent a weekend last year on a quick getaway holiday from Seoul. 

Yamato Japanese on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. My friend and I accidentally discovered this place a year ago.. had the best night! highly recommend it, not flash but amazing authetic japanese food at a great price!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe