Lunch place: 1000 Pound Bend

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Melbourne is heating up again and so I needed to get out of the house. Every house in Melbourne should get air conditioning installed in their houses as a rule. Came across 1000 Pound Bend during my search for an air conditioned cafe in Melbourne CBD where I can also spend all hours at - i.e. free wifi (for 45 minutes) and decent power points on offer so your laptop and my cellphone does not die.
There were actually two places on my list, but I had already been to the other one and 1000 Pound Bend didn't seem as quiet a place, without being too loud one could not concentrate on the work. Plus, they served burgers, and I've been thinking about them a lot lately. Mates back in Christchurch have been having Burger Thursdays. I guess I feel like I'm missing out?! 
1000 Pound Bend seemed to receive a few reviews on rude customer service. But if so, I was lucky to have gone at a better time. Food and drink came out quickly. I think burgers are one of the most difficult dishes to eat. Why do they have to stack them so high? It's an ongoing mystery to me. I never manage to hold it down so I can cut it cleanly from top to bottom. I deconstruct them and eat different combinations of this and that. Field mushroom-tomato-bun. Kumara-lettuce-tomato-bun.
They say you are what you eat so today I was a burger - inspired by Roy Lichtenstein's 1977 Self Portrait.

361 Little Lonsdale St, 
Melbourne VIC 3000
1000 Pound Bend on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe