En route to Korea

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Organising an overseas travel with only a day or two of preparation is not that easy. A day or two is not really a preparation, either, it's just dumping everything on your trusted friends and fleeing the country with only the most basic things you can stuff into your bag.

It is either putting it off til the last minute, or making a crazy spontaneous decision; for me it was the latter.

I am so lucky to have a father who is connected with the travel industry, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to find a plane ticket so quickly and easily. I am so lucky to have friends who I can rely on to look after my things while I am gone. I am so lucky to have a sister who will surely take care of the apartment side of things for me, because otherwise I would not have been able to make such a swift move to the other side of the Hemisphere. So thank you so so much to all, I really appreciate everything you have done, and continue to do, for me!
The flight to Korea included a four-hour stop over at Hong Kong airport. Sadly I didn't get out to explore the city because it was night time by the time I got there. I had some iced tea at Starbucks - I only ever seem to find Starbucks in the airports. They are the only ones open til late.. - then tried to have a bit of a snooze... Didn't really work though..
In Korea. 
After 19 hours of travel I am finally in Seoul. From the Incheon airport to my gran's house, I had to take a bus. The bus driver does not really help with my luggage, just waits sitting in his seat, watching me. Thanks, mate. 
It is so so hot. Apparently the temperature rose up around 42 degrees the week before. I am so thankful I missed that because I would not have survived. It's my first Summer in Korea in 15 years and my body is shocked at the temperature change. I don't fare well in high heat... Where's the nearest beach, please?!
The pouring rain for the next two days made the heat more bearable, but than the humidity is not really my thing, either. Seoul in Summer is definitely more green than in Winter and it's way more pretty. I almost got lost finding gran's apartment because I did not recognise the paths with the green leaves on the tree branches!
I brought only 21 kg of luggage with me, which I was really proud of, but am realising I should have brought more Summer clothes. Hmm, I need new clothes, anyway. Have to go shopping soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe