Olaf's: Linzertorte, Reubens

Friday, August 24, 2012

I wish I had been able to taste a bit more of Olaf's fantastic range of bread and pastries. Especially this one Portuguese pastry that I had never seen before. I was so curious as to what it would taste like! I guess I will just have to wait until I get back next year..

Linzertorte, on the other hand.... So delish! Totally worth recommending. It's an Austrian sweet tart usually eaten during Christmas. You know what that means - it's a very yummy, very sweet dessert that will satisfy you and leave you wanting more.
Before the dessert, however, came the sandwich. The much anticipated Reuben's sandwich had ham, picked cabbage (?!) between two slices of fine bread spread with some special I-don't-know-what. Toasted, it was such a satisfying meal. With the sweet tart, it was an exceptional quick lunch :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe