Baguettes

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The end of my Parisian year is quickly coming to a close - only eight weeks to go! - and, instead of writing the many essays on my back as I should be, I am thinking of all the things I should be doing, and re-doing, before I leave France, again. Even though I know I will be coming back. When? Er, that I am not sure of, yet.

Any way, one of the things I will definitely be doing is eating more baguettes. I was doing some research online for best baguettes in Paris, when I came upon this article about the annual best baguette competition in Paris  :

The baguettes being judged are not just any baguettes, but baguettes de tradition, bread which according to a French law enacted in 1993 must be mixed, kneaded, leavened and baked on premises, without ever being frozen. They must be additive-free and can contain only four precious ingredients–wheat flour, water, salt and yeast.  So, if you are going to buy a baguette, make sure it’s a baguette de tradition.

 Only four ingredients! Should I dare to try baking it myself? I have been wondering which baguettes I should be trying, but I now know baguettes de tradition is a must. There's a boulangerie near my place that has won several years ago. I shall stop by in the near future.

http://myparisnotebook.com/2011/05/03/the-best-baguette-in-paris-2011/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe