Stay up! Up!

Friday, September 02, 2011

Back from a 5-day stay near La Rochelle, visiting my old French family and high school friends. It's always so good to go back, to relax, push myself a bit more physically, eat heaps of new things, be part of a family...

This time round there was no cycling. Instead, it was swimming, at the beach, at the port. I haven't been swimming in open waters much, so at first I opted to just paddle around in the near waters, where I could still touch the sand with my feet without having my head underwater. I was scared that if I ventured out too far I would get a sudden panic attack. I am not the strongest swimmer, you see, as much as I'd like to be. But paddling by myself in the limited space that I set for myself got pretty boring after awhile. So little by little I challenged myself to push myself a bit more, a bit more still. Got-to-keep-my-head-up-I-am-not-going-to-drown-I-can-do-this !!! Definitely more comfortable with the waters now. Next stop, the local pools behind my place !

One of the reasons I am such a scared-y cat of waters is that I almost drowned in the pools as a three-year-old. Also I am just an overly cautious girl most of the time, try as I might to change it otherwise.

One step at a time, haha.

Now back in Paris, for my last weekend of the summer holidays before school starts. Quite excited for the new courses and new friends I will get to meet !! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe