A-yo

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Talked to good friend A on the phone. It's been ages since I'd talked to her! Hey, sweetie!! She is one of the big people in my life. People who have influenced me in a big way, shaped who I am today. Some of the things she has said to me in the past, I will cherish for the rest of my life, remembering at certain times over and over again. She probably doesn't even remember saying them to me, but they have touched me deeply, and given me strength and confidence. There are people who know you so well, that they surprise you. Like Mum. Like A. Haha. Just talking to her about this and that, and she suddenly she throws in a sharp remark that catches me completely by surprise. How did she know? I didn't even realise it myself, but, yes, she is so right.

As we grow old we get so caught up with our own quick paced lives, sometimes it gets so stressful and tiring. From time to time we need to stop to rest, and even to look back down the roads we have come along, though not to dwell in the past for too long. It's always good to be back in touch with old friends, to continue on your long relationships. Doesn't matter if there has been long or short absences in between. I know I have been in their minds from time to time, as they have been in mine, never completely forgotten.

Was so good to talk to you again, love <3.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe