Lunch place: The White Rabbit

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The White Rabbit had been on my list for a while ever since I'd heard about their duck burger. 
I'd recommended it to people who were looking for a nice dinner place with family or clients, even before I got to go. 
When I finally had the chance to, I was very disappointed.
While understandably it was starting to get busy, the staff who led me to a table threw the menus on the table before attending to the other diners. No other words for it. Not a great start. The duck burger I had been looking forward to was over cooked and dry. Perhaps I had had over expectations? I wish there were only the good things to say - the spacious white interior and great food presentations - but overshadowed by the lack of attention and attitude of one staff member, alongside the deep disappointment of the food that I didn't end up finishing. I am almost sorry the photos turned out so appetizing. 

The White Rabbit
69 Customs Street East
Auckland CBD
The White Rabbit Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's a shame you had a poor experience. I've never tried the duck burger but have really enjoyed my brunches at The White Rabbit - was really sad when it closed in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Especially because I'd been so looking forward to trying the place. Yes, I saw that it was closed when I passed it this week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe