Eating: Aussie meat and Mac n' Cheese

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Queen Victoria Night Market has been extended to the end of March. One of their stalls sell Aussie meat. Here is the taster plate. Starting from the top and turning clockwise: crocodile, kangaroo, emu. They also sold ostrich meat but it wasn't part of the taster. The 'roo meat looks a bit burnt here, but I am quite a fan of kangaroo steaks, even though I am not a big meat eater. They are tender and taste a bit like venison. From the taster plate, crocodile meat was my favourite. It looks like chicken, but is also very soft. Emu meat just looked and tasted like a small skinny sausage.
From time to time I crave mac n' cheese. Made myself a quick bowl, cooking pasta in milk and melting Parmesan cheese afterwards. As a twist, corn and avocado was added. A says he sometimes cannot understand my mixed tastes, but I say, whatever floats my boat, honey. A chacun son goût. I like corn and avocado. Leave me be. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe