Op shops in Fitzroy

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Melbourne Catholic Cathedral, St Patrick's. It's a beautiful Gothic design, just as booming inside as those ancient European churches. More people, and definitely more songs than in my local church. I might try some more of the others though, before I decide on one. 
This is Shappere. They have loads of good stuff, but above all so many cool leather boots. In my size, too! I'm definitely going to come back. It's on Smith Street. 
Smith Street in Fitzroy is full of hair studios, op shops, vintage furniture stores. On one end. The further North you go, you will find rows of clearance warehouses. 
Fitzroy St is clustered with cute old flats squished together, and alleyways with corrugated iron walls. The more South you come down the houses get more breathing air space, but it's not as charming this way. This street is dead quiet. 
Gertrude Street has many cafes and restaurants and some cool shops. I really like this street, especially the Latin American shop and cafe, who are neighbours. Fitzroy is pretty much the reason I moved to Melbourne, and now that I have finally explored a bit of the area, I think I will come here more often. There are quite a few places I'd like to try, visit, and taste. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe