Dinner place: Bergerac

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lovely service, lovely food, lovely atmosphere. Wandered into Bergerac while searching for a good dinner place, and we were very pleased with our finding. No appetizer, but a glass of champagne with cassis to get us started.
My choice of main was magret de canard. There was also a confit de canard but I'm glad I chose the duck breast over the leg, because I hate fiddling with bone bits in my food. 
I've been losing 1 kg per week since I moved to Melbourne, but this weekend I have definitely gained all the lost weight back - and more. Can you see how pleased I am with the dinner choice? 
Dessert was the classic crème brulée. R and I were so full that we couldn't finish, regretfully because it was just as nice as the main. R had just come back from 7 months in Europe and he said being inside Bergerac was like going to France again. It was chilly coming out of their doors, and I must admit I didn't want to leave, it was getting pretty nostalgic with all the French songs in the background...

131 King Street, Melbourne

Bergerac on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe