Baking: Baked eggs/Cocotte

Saturday, September 07, 2013

This morning I read an article by the Press, the local newspaper of Christchurch, NZ. Cantabrians are increasingly opting for farmers' markets for cheaper vege that are also more fresh - at often times picked on the very morning of the market day. I've already mentioned how I am enjoying the bigger market scene here in Melbourne, as much as I had the Riccarton Bush market in Christchurch.

This week, I tried harder to put more effort into my meals. For lunch, I had some baked eggs:
Two eggs, avocado, diced tomato, mushrooms (hidden inside) in a buttered ramekin, with chopped herbs.
Don't forget the cheese! I grated some left over Gruyeres. Love that nutty taste. Bake for around 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, depending on the size of your ramekin. 
Had the left over ingredients for dinner the same night, this time with the eggs hard boiled. 

The weekend weather is not the greatest. Might have to put the heater back on! Boohoo. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe