My lover. Gone.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My lover silently looks around a room. A flicker of smile, barely there. It will do. There's a storage room which connects to the living area. Yes, this will do.

A warning has been issued. Floods? Attack? Unseen force causes uneasiness in people. Not all believe in the warning. Many ignore. We are prepared.

In the room. He hammers the life out of the room. I curl myself into a ball in the centre of the room, just watching him. No lights, no water. This is for us.

Darkness.

He's no longer here.

Two men enter the room. My lover's father and brother. They were never unkind, but not kind to me, either. They are here to look after things that my lover has left behind in life. 

Me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe