Last week of Aotearoa: Café Hanoi

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My flatmate knows my favourite wine. It may not be the best but I remember the first time I tried the People's Pinot noir and its flavour popped in my mouth. Oh! Before then I had always gone for white Sauvignon blancs but the experience changed my preference completely.

Then I went to a wine bar with R this one time, and I now know, Cental Otago Pinot noirs are for me.

Flattie S bought the black bottle for our last dinner together. She, I and I enjoyed a lovely meal at home before heading out to Café Hanoi in Britomart for dessert.
August is Restaurant Month in NZ and many places have special menus for the event. Café Hanoi is next to Britomart Country Club and 1885, and one of the few places in Britomart I had not eaten at yet. A said he had been when he was back in Auckland on a brief home visit fron Tokyo, and recommended it. The place is not cheap. We had a glass of champagne or bubbly each, and the special dessert of meringue with lemon curd.

The guy in front of us paid almost 400 bucks for his meal, whatever dainty feat his party must have had. Not even including tips! Which is normal in NZ, of course..

I then kindly bought us macarons at Milse. Love!

Cafe Hanoi
Excelsior Building,
Corner of Galway & Commerce Street,
Britomart, Auckland CBD, Auckland
Cafe Hanoi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe