Christchurch city tour

Friday, August 02, 2013

The weather is getting more grey and cold, the Christchurch weather must be getting ready to get rid of me soon. Is it sad, do you think? I am sad, too.
I got to spend the whole day with Mum, today. 'Twas lovely. We drove up to Hagley Park, our huge park in the heart of Christchurch, and walked around central town. 
I had driven past a few nights ago, but it was the first time actually walking through what had previously been the Red zone and off access.
The people of Christchurch have worked hard to add some cheery notes around the empty spaces here and there. 
Some places I had no idea they had existed. I guess the lack of buildings and the dramatic change in the layout of town allows you to see things you hadn't noticed before.
It was kinda sad...
...but kinda beautiful, too, if you get what I mean.
I just wish things would move forward, faster. 
There are some really cool places popping up. Mum and I went window shopping then started buying a whole lot, too. Oh, hey, this is on sale! These shoes look good on you! What, it's exactly your size! Ok, too hungry now, let's grab something to eat. 

I love girls' outings.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe