Scone place: City heights coffee lounge

Friday, July 27, 2012

You know the places you pass by from time to time, wondering what they would look like from the inside? City heights coffee lounge on Shortland Street in Auckland CBD was one of those places for me.

Shortland Street is not really an area I frequent on a regular basis, especially up the hill where it is full of business buildings. The usual Shortland Street I know is the bit down the bottom, where it links High Street and Queen Street, and towards Beach Road.
But when you have a huge knight in armour out the front, you know this is not an ordinary coffee place.
I got myself a date scone and a regular cappuccino. The scone was soft (warmed up of course) with lots of chunky date pieces inside. I approved :)
As with the cluttered walls with various old English memorabilia, the plates were also appropriately delicately English. On the other hand, I tasted the hottest cappuccino ever. Slurping ever so carefully, lest I burn all of my tongue, I started a beautiful day :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe