The Artist (2011) Michel Hazanavicius

Saturday, November 12, 2011


Tonight I went to see a French movie with S, The Artist. I am pretty sure it was inspired by Singin' in the Rain, the actors resembled a bit, and being a black and white silent movie set in the 20s and 30s when the 'talkies' started on the scene, how could the classic musical not been of inspiration ? It was a good film, I liked it. There were so many things in the story. Fame, the road to fame, the show business in Hollywoodland, the new technology, the pride of the old star, love, and even a dog, haha...

Afterwards we went for a drink and a few tapas plates. I think I kept drinking too much water in the end, feeling a bit too full and sick. I really am not a huge fan of water, unless I am super thirsty, I guess.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe