Friday afternoon

Saturday, April 09, 2011

It's become a habit for T and I to get lunch together after class on Fridays, at restaurants and cafes. They have to be around uni because I have another class afterwards, which means that the fare is not a light one. Our mouths are pretty expensive in any case. We seem to have graduated from the 7€ street food to cheap 10€ set menus. Now we are onto 16/17€ meals!

Today's lunch was around my 15th arrondissement. I have been feeling like Italian for a while now, so that's what we had. It was so nice, and the portions were damn filling too. The entree itself was so big that once I finished it, I was pretty much too full to eat the main or the dessert properly. 


Since it was an awesomely fine day, we decided to go up the Arc de Triomphe to burn some of the food that we had eaten. 285 steps! (Though I only counted 275..) It was so lovely upstairs, and though there were lots of tourists, there actually weren't as many as I expected, today.


I'm leaving for a weekend trip to La Rochelle early tomorrow morning, to see my ex host family there from five years ago. I am super excited!!! Gotta start packing, and an early sleep tonight.
<3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe