Smultronstället (1957) Ingmar Bergman

Friday, May 28, 2010

English title: Wild Strawberries.

My first Swedish film, a short black and white story about an aged professor looking back on his life while on a journey to recieve a prize for his contributions in the sector of health as a doctor. While on the outside it may look like he had a successful life, actually those who are close to him know him as a cold, arrogant and lonely person, disguised in charm.

I do not want to look back on my life when I am 76 and regret the things I have done, like Dr Borg. I would want to look back with fondness and sad nostalgia, for my naive youthness. Then I would come to, and be thankful for all my experiences and all that have made me.

At 76 I would like to be fit and healthy, slim and standing tall (as tall as I can), with long white hair sleekly brushing past my shoulders, or up in a bun/ponytail. I will probably be wearing glasses then, too. I would like to be loving to my children, my grandchildren, my husband, and be loved by them equally, in return. We will regularly sit around the same table to share jokes, and food that we all have made (I will be a good cook but I will insist on doing everything together). We may have a dog. We will have a lovely garden with a porch where we can spend the breezy summer times, comfortably reading, or drawing, or writing. I am going to grow old graciously... :) Perhaps I am a bit of a romantic?

In the mean time though, I would like to be daring and fun and hardworking all at the same time. Experience almost anything that invites me to. It's the weekend, yay!!! >-<

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe