Sherlock Holmes (2009) Guy Ritchie

Monday, January 11, 2010

I used to love reading Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series so when this movie first came out, I was a bit sceptical about the castings.

For me, Sherlock Holmes is a sharp looking thin guy with an air of finesse about him, athletic but graceful, like a fine greyhound. Dr Watson, on the other hand, is rather plump and old in my imagination, quite easy going.

I guess not anymore.

These duet combo in the new Sherlock Holmes movie is far from those originally in my head, which was the reason for my initial contempt, but I have learnt to accept Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law after watching them in full action, in a story line that is not from any of the books, but still do take after them.

The film experience in the extreme theatre was a little distracting because the sound was just too loud, but at least I found the movie to be enjoyable in the whole. I liked that we were shown through Holme's strategic way of planning out his attacks in slow motion, then replaying it in full speed, to accentuate his quick thinking.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe