Dessert place: Gateau house

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm trying to cut back my morning coffee habit. Usually it's flat whites to take away on my way to work. Black coffees on weekends. On a normal day, I'd only have one coffee max, preferring green teas in the afternoon. 

You see, I'm not a big coffee drinker. The biggest reason for cutting down on coffee is the cost. They add up so much to your food bill! 

This morning though, I couldn't resist, and Gateau House is just so near work.

How good is the new Gateau House? Having been away from Auckland for almost a year, it was a surprise to find that Brooklyn Bar had disappeared and Gateau House had moved up a few shops, in its place.

The dark interior walls accentuate the cakes in the display cabinet like pieces in a jewellery shop. Those sweet dainty things look too darn pretty to eat. 

But I got one with my latte (a change!) this morning. Some days, you just have to treat yourself. 

Gateau House
328 Queen Street
Auckland, NZ
Click to add a blog post for The Gateau House on Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe