Taco place: la Cantina

Monday, September 02, 2013

I had had a taco for dinner the night before, but I wasn't going to say no to a lunch taco the next day. It wasn't planned. I had gotten off the tram, was walking down the pathway, when I see a sign: burritos, tacos,... Tacos?! What is this place? La Cantina?! This is one of the places I'm supposed to be going to! Lunch place sorted. 
I chose for the chicken taco, but perhaps beef would have been nicer. It was the most massive taco I have ever tasted. That, folded in half, is the size of my face. Seriously. I'm not even sure if I should call it a taco. It was still good, and very filling. 
All of the staff are Spanish speaking. I asked for the Inca Kola I had ordered, but the waitress didn't understand me at first. I don't think too many people order this drink. I didn't feel like beer or coffee, and I had already tried the Mexican soda on the menu. B, my Peruvian colleague in NZ, got really jealous because she missed the golden coke from her hometown so much. 
Shop 24, F Shed Laneway
Queen Victoria Market
Melbourne

La Cantina on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe