Baking: Rainbow cupcakes

Saturday, June 16, 2012

 The weather in Christchurch this week has been cold and pretty grey, to be honest. I tried to keep busy and move about so as not to get too cold. One of the things I wanted to do during my week here was to bake these rainbow cupcakes, an idea I got from one of my friends.
 It was fun playing around with food colourings and icings, which I don't usually both with. I added a blue and a red one to my vanilla cupcake mixture, and gosh they came out BRIGHT!
 I had made a special trip to the local dairy for the rainbow strips. Childhood memories :) I don't think I will be presenting them to anyone (which had originally been the plan) because they are less than perfect, but it was a fun experiment.
Hope your weekend will be full of colour and smiles!
Bon week-end xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe