Baking: Banana cake

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I will post up prettier pictures of my foods from now on, I'm sorry.

My friend from Christchurch suggested that I try this recipe for an easy as banana cake. We all love easy recipes, right?

The deal:

  1. Chuck in all of the following in a bowl:-
    - 3 mature bananas
    - 175g sugar
    - 175g butter
    - 3t vanilla essence
    - 4 eggs
    - 200g flour
    - 1T baking powder
  2. Mix
  3. Bake at 160 degrees for 50 minutes
  4. Cool, EAT!
I didn't put any cinnamon because I don't like them. I always find the taste too strong, and I always seem to put too much in, so I omitted them out completely.

You could cover the cake with chocolate, which would have been awesome, but... I baked this just before shooting out the door to work, so didn't have time.

The only thing I had to buy to make this was the bananas. Supermarkets don't generally sell mature bananas though. I had to quicken the process by putting the said fruits in a bag with tomatoes. Apparently bananas will mature quickly when put in with tomatoes or apples because the apples/tomatoes produce Ethylene gas that will ripen bananas. Tried and approved! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe