All about my mother (1999) Pedro Almodóvar

Monday, October 18, 2010

"There are people who think that children are made in a day. But it takes a long time, a very long time. That's why it's so awful to see your child's blood on the ground. A stream that flows for a minute yet costs us years. When I found my son, he was lying in the middle of the street. I soaked my hands in his blood and I licked them. Because it was mine. Animals lick their young, don't they? I'm not disgusted by my son. You don't know what it's like. In a monstrance of glass and topaz. I would put the earth soaked by his blood."
Been watching a lot of my favourite Spanish director's movies lately. Mostly about gays, lesbians, transsexuals and all that jazz, very weird and interesting, colourful. Maybe helping with my Spanish listening, though not too sure at the moment. The above quote was very touching, so thought I'd post it. This way I won't forget. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe