One bad apple spoils all

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bought apples from a market close by home, because they had the Fuji apples that the supermarket did not sell.. and was much cheaper. The next night I cut one in half... to find that the core was rotten and mouldy. Eiewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blade of the knife was washed vigorously, disgusted, and the second one cut. It was fine. Eating the good apple, I was thinking, 'I thought one bad apple spoils all?' I really didn't want it to be true... but alas, the third and the fourth had the same fate as the first, and I was quite annoyed. Three mouldy apples out of four that I bought! I fished out the receipt that I'd ripped and thrown in the bin, taped it up, then went to the market for an exchange. I don't think I'll buy fruit from there for a while...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe