Tigers in the hairdresser's

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Our family of four, on the way back from something, stop by this tiny boutique of a hairdresser's.
We dye our hair streaks of electric blue, sharply contrasting with the pretty floral and procelain surroundings of the shop... except that there are also two enormous tigers inside with us, one on the couch and the other on the floor next to the door. When they stand up the heads reach up to my shoulders. My uncle comes to join us. Outside the shop, it's very quiet, surburban, maybe even countryside like. On the other side it's city like, with tall buildings with many signs plastered on them like in Asia. On one building where a whole floor is of glass, I can see another huge lion lounging on the ground. I go back inside. The tigers seem to like my uncle, and I tell him so, but Mum hushes me and says something like he doesn't want to hear that, even though he was born on the year of the tigers... I don't know if that's true though.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe