Before today ends...

Friday, March 19, 2010

I am having second thoughts about my timetable for the semester.
I thought it would be a good change to have everything on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have the days in between - Mon, Wed and Fri - relatively free. However, I just get overly exhausted on the two days and really lazy the other days. I really need to get a move on with studying, because assignments and tests are coming up fast.

Last night my flatmate and I decided it was time to cook something to eat for dinner. We've been living off garlic breads and salads for most of the week, you see.

Since we still had half the cream left over from the cake at the flatwarming, the decided on menu was pasta with Cabonara sauce. As with most of our cooking, this was our first try with a recipe I got off the internet.

It came out... very... creamy, but lumpy, shall we say?
The egg kind of cooked itself a bit when we were mixing the cream-egg mixture with the pasta. Perhaps we left it too long in the heat.

I am trying to go grocery shopping only every fortnight, which means that we have to last another week. Kitchen is my domain at the moment, so I reorganised the fridge and freezer this morning, to enable us to know what we have in there that we can eat. Apparently quite a lot of things I did not realise that we had, and a few of which I shall have to ask my flatmate about, too. I think a bit of meat would sound good for tonight's dinner...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe