Frida (2002) Julie Taymor

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Salma Hayek as Frida Kahlo.

I've been wanting to watch this film for ages. It was meant to be my movie of the summer, because I had wanted my summer to be as fantastically colourful and dizzyingly passionate and strong and dream like as this artist was, who had endured so much and was really one of a kind.

The film was just as wonderful and sometimes uncomfortable and moving as I had imagined. I would never be as strong as she was but she inspires me to be a better self.

After the 2h drama I also watched the special feature of the interview with Salma Hayek, who produced the movie, and you could really feel how passionate she was about this project, which she had patiently waited 8 years for it to come to realisation. It's envious to have something that means so much to oneself, to love something so greatly.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe