Sweet, like the candy floss

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finally, the three-week TESL course I had started at the beginning of this month has ended. Well, not quite, because I will probably go in for more observations and training next week. I really liked the people I met at the course, both the staff guiding us and the students putting up with us, as well as the fellow wannabe teachers who went for the ride with me. It has gone past so quickly, but it was also quite tiring as well, so I am really glad I have gotten the certificate, finally.

Anyway, this evening I got to show some of the class members a bit of Auckland downtown. 


We started off at the bottom of the Sky Tower - the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. Down the main street, Queen St, and around the Viaduct/Wharf area. Matariki, the Maori New Year's, is tomorrow and also another sailing event, so there were a bit of rehearsals/setting ups going on. We didn't understand which were for which, but we did get to enjoy a bit of 'movie' and light show. It was actually pretty awesome, how the lights were projected to only certain parts of the scaffolding that was acting as a part of the screen. Just really careful calculations?! Perhaps..
Dinner was at my favourite, Mezze bar. The place was packed, but I am glad they were able to experience it. They are looking for waiters at the moment. Hmm, should I try out?! haha. For dessert we went out for some ice cream. The flavours of the night: blueberry (čučoriedka) crème brulée and lemon sorbet, with a fluff of candy floss and flower on top. 


Ďakujem, obrigada, kob kun kaa, for an enjoyable evening, guys. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe