This is not the end

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Can you believe, my flight to NYC got cancelled?!

I was sad to leave my cousins in LA, sure, but I was still very much looking forward to seeing my destined city in the East Coast! Broadway! The Statue of Liberty! Central Park! Oh, so many things I had planned to do in your Manhattan, New York!

But it wasn't meant to be. I got dropped off at the airport to learn that ALL flights to NY were cancelled, due to heavy weather conditions. Too much snow again. I got deferred to another flight tomorrow afternoon, then waitlisted to one in the early morning, but also tomorrow. It doesn't seem like they will fly out, either, though, because there's another heavy weather warning on for tonight in NYC. So, not wanting to get to the city late without a chance to explore it, only to miss my other flight to the actual final destination of Paris, I am hoping to catch a more direct flight straight to Paris itself from LA.

Ideally I would like to fly out ASAP, and stay a few extra days in Paris, since I don't want to take more of my cousins' time as I have already done, but it seems like I will get to know them better for two more days. It will cost me more, but at least I have taken care of the Broadway and hostelling issues in NYC. So just the flight to sort out, and I will be better again. So tired from all the hectic international calls and waiting and replannings... But, hey, c'est la vie :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe