Toy Story 3 (2010) Lee Unkrich

Friday, July 16, 2010

Omigod, omigod, omigod, a new favourite!!!

The talking toys are back, with a new adventure. Andy is going to college so needs to pack his belongings. His toys get mistakenly donated to a children's care centre. They must work together to escape from there back to their rightful owner before Andy leaves home.

To be honest, I don't much remember the previous two movies, only that I did not take to much to them. I did not understand, or appreciate, how revolutionary the first Toy Story movie was, as the first ever totally computer generated animation film. As a child who did not much play with toys or make-believe story plays - I don't actually know what I did instead - a film about toys did not appeal to me.

So when the third movie came out, at first I did not pay much attention... until those who had already seen it highly praised it. At a time when I was looking for something good to watch at the cinemas, I was ready to take this recommendation on board, oh, and what a rewarding move it was!

Pixar has really done it again, as with my other favourite movie of theirs, "Up".

Especially touching was the ending where Andy introduces his old buddies to Bonnie, and he's reluctant to let go of Woody; sad and funny at the same time. I was sorry to realise I never had a toy that meant so much to me, growing up, though maybe the sofy toy I go to sleep with, Chammy the chamois, could come the closest to qualifying.

Both "Up" and "Toy Story 3" were soft coloured, marshmallow like stories by Pixar that I really enjoyed. It is pleasantly surprising to be so attracted to animations at such a late age, in my 20s, and I look forward to Pixar's next works, soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe