What a day

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today has been full of unexpected little things, from the moment I woke up.

Went for a grocery shopping trip with Mum in the morning, which is always a mission up till the last point when we try to squeeze everything into our already full fridge. It's such a difference from the one in my previous flat, which was pretty much half full for most of the year. Having abundant amount of food is so good, but even though I eat tiny amounts, it makes me want to exercise more.

But do I ever exercise? Not enough! Watched a French movie, without subtitles, Coco Avant Chanel. I realised at the end of the movie how Coco Chanel and Edith Piaf had similar lives. Both, small French woman, quite unfeminine, with names that were changed. Both climbed up the social ladder, was misunderstood, and had lovers, who both come to tragic ends due to accidents during transportation. Audrey Tautou is one of my favourite actresses, and I think she was well chosen for the role since she does actually resemble Chanel, and the clothes she wears in the movie are inpirational, as is the person portrayed, Chanel, herself, of course.

Also, I spent a lot of today chatting with a friend overseas on an exchange, and emailing a friend in France. Talked to BF tonight as well, and it hit me once again of our age difference. I'm still in the phase of going to 21st's, will be attending my own this year, actually, and he's going to baby showers and baby show off parties, lol. Funny.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe